Musical Heroes in song and story…..
What do we mean by a “musical hero”?
How do composers use music to tell a story, or describe a person?
Can you use music to describe a “hero” of your own?
Using garageband, you will create your own brief “hero song” – related to the hero you chose to highlight last semester. You will use the music you create as a soundtrack to a brief iMovie, which will include: biographical information, a picture of the hero, a wordle describing their attributes, and a picture of the stamp you created in art class.
- You will use the “loops de loops” garageband template.
- Your song must use at least 5 tracks in total.
- You will be asked to explain (in a worksheet) why you chose certain loops and sounds – this is not a random experiment – this song will encourage you to think about sounds, as a composer would.
- The final composition must be in AABA form, and each A and B section must be at least 16 measures.
- You may download and edit sounds and samples from “free music” sources, but the total form of the song must follow the form (#4).